Welcome to Today News!
Today News is owned and operated by Today News Inc.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The personal data of the users that are collected and processed through the website:
Will be under responsibility and in charge of:
• Today News Inc.
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION GATHERED
The information we learn from users helps personalise and continually improve your experience at Today News. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us. You provide information when you search, read, view and upload content on our website and/or communicate with us through our contact information or our contact forms. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with the following information:
• Email address
• User content
• Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our website or online presence such as ‘cookies’.
Today News will not collect any personally identifiable information about you, unless you provide it.
Information Collected Automatically: By accessing and using the website you automatically provide us with the following information:
• The device and usage information you use to access the website
• Your IP address
• Browser and device characteristics
• Operating system
• Referring URLs
• Your location
• What parts of the website you use and how often
If you access the website through a mobile phone, we will collect the following information:
• Mobile device ID
• Model and manufacturer
• Operating system
• Version information
• IP address
Facebook Pixel: Our website uses the Facebook Pixel. Through the Facebook Pixel we can collect user information for different purposes. We use the Facebook Pixel for the following purposes:
• Collect statistics about our website (for example, the number of users who visited a page).
• Collect information about how you interact with our website (for example, whether you have opened or followed links on our website).
• Personalise online services and marketing communications.
• Tailor advertisements to users and optimise advertising campaigns.
Social Media: On our website you will find links and functions linked to different social networks, where you can share your information.
It is advisable to consult the privacy and data protection policy of each social network used on our website.
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
3. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Personal data provided by users through the website will be retained for the time necessary for the provision of the website and the content available on the website. Today News may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Today News may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority. Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current website. We use information collected through our website as described below:
• Identify you as a user in our system.
• Provide the website.
• Provide content available on the website
• Improve our website and how we operate our website.
• Understand and enhance your experience using our website.
• Respond to your comments or questions through our support team.
• Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
• Provide important information about the content offered by Today News.
• Marketing purposes of Today News.
• Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
5. HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
The personal information of our users is an important and fundamental part of our business. Under no circumstances will we sell or share information with third parties that has not been previously authorised by the user or owner of the personal data. We share user information only and exclusively as described below.
Third-Party Service Providers. We use third-party services to perform certain functions on our website. These are some of the third-party services we use: Creating and hosting the website, sending emails, providing marketing assistance, and providing search results.
Protection of Today News and others. We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Today News, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personally identifiable information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Anonymous Information. Today News uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve the Website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about the Website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
Email Address. The email address that you supply to us for purposes of receiving our email communications will never be rented or sold to a third party.
7. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you provide through the website. We restrict authorised access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information and to those persons you have authorised to have access to that information. Today News follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Today News receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Today News strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Users who provide information through our website, as data subjects and data owners, have the right to access, rectify, download or delete their information, as well as to restrict and object to certain processing of their information. While some of these rights apply generally, others apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
• Access and portability: to access and know what information is stored in our servers, you can send us your request through our contact information.
• Rectify, Restrict, Limit and/or Delete: You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information.
• Right to be informed: Users of our website will be informed, upon request, about what data we collect, how it is used, how long it is retained and whether it is shared with third parties.
• Object: When we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you may object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will stop processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate reasons to continue processing it or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
• Revoke consent: Where you have previously given your consent, such as to allow us to process and store your personal information, you have the right to revoke your consent to the processing and storage of your information at any time. For example, you may withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn your consent if we have a legal basis for doing so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
• Complaint: If you wish to file a complaint about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority. Users can exercise all these rights by contacting us through the contact information or the contact page.
• Rights related to automated decision-making, including profiling: website users may request that we provide a copy of the automated processing activities we conduct if they believe that data is being unlawfully processed.
Users may exercise their rights in relation to the personal data they provide to Today News, at any time, by sending us their request through our contact information and we will process and respond to their request as soon as possible.
9. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
We are in compliance with the requirements the Data Protection Act 2018 (UK regulations) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation – European regulations), regarding the protection of the personal data of minors. Although the website is available to all ages, we do not collect any information from children under the age of 13 without the respective permission of their parents or legal guardians. If you are aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without the permission of a parent or legal guardian, please contact us. If we become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information without the permission of his or her parent or legal guardian, we will take steps to delete the information provided by the child under the age of 13.
10. EDITING AND DELETING INFORMATION
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You can change, modify, rectify and delete your Information at any time, please contact us through the contact information. To opt-out of Today News email, follow the instructions included in the email. Your request should be processed within 48 hours.
11. THIRD PARTIES
12. CONTACT US
Today News Inc.